In 1999, while studying Computer Science at the University of Exeter, Alastair started a digital marketing agency, Optix Solutions, with two course mates. 16 years on, they are still in business and life is great. They have a team of 16 covering all aspects of ‘Digital’ and are recognised as one of the leading agencies in the UK with a RAR (Recommended Agency Register) rating, only made possible through client ratings. Alastair is MCIM qualified and enjoys guest lecturing on the University of Exeter’s prestigious One Planet MBA as well as speaking at various conferences around the country.
Optix Solutions helps their clients’ businesses grow using their knowledge of the digital space. Here are just a few examples:
• In 2015 Optix Solutions designed and built the Devon Air Ambulance’s www.daat.org.
• Optix Solutions is working with Reed Recruitment on their content and search marketing strategies. The focus is to drive traffic into the main Reed site through optimisation and inbound marketing as well as carrying out paid advertising campaigns on an individual basis.
• Optix Solutions have recently been chosen by Hospiscare to redevelop their digital presence. Watch this space for 2015/16.
• In 2015 Optix Solutions designed the Exmoor National Park site. www.exmoor-nationalpark.gov.uk.
• In 2014 they launched the new Kitsons Solicitors website. www.kitsons-solicitors.co.uk.
• In 2012 Optix Solutions helped Flybe and the University of Exeter Arts and Culture re-design their websites.
Over the last five years Optix Solutions have written digital strategies for Shearings Hotels Group, Centaur Services, Lightfoot, Olives Et Al and Linsar to name but a few. They remain working with a number of these organisations in an ongoing capacity.